- Rule 1: Be Courteous and Respectful
- Rule 2: Harassment is Not Allowed
- Rule 3: Griefing is Not Allowed
- Rule 4: Keep the Environment Nice
- Rule 5: Super Farming is Not Allowed
- Rule 6: Client Mod Limitations)
- Rule 7: No Alt Accounts
- Rule 8: No Pointless Bugging of the Staff
- Rule 9: Report All Bugs
- General Punishment Guidelines
- The Staff Policy on Other Forms of Media
General Clarifications To Keep In Mind
Just because you can do something in Vanilla Minecraft/singleplayer does not mean it is okay on the server. Mega farms may be something you can make in singleplayer/Vanilla for example, but this is a multiplayer server where a lot of people will have their games ruined if everybody has stupid amounts of money/skills/items and the economy is ruined.
As a general rule of thumb, ontop of the below rules, use some common sense. Just because something is not explicitly stated on here does not mean it is okay - if it may possibly fit into one of our rules then it is likely not okay - check with staff first.
And while there is a list of the general guidelines for the punishments we will give for rule breaking - this is ultimately down to staff discretion at the time. For example they are way more likely to give harsher punishments for someone who comes on and starts breaking rules immediately (whether they’ve read the rules or not, as you have no excuse not to know the rules of the server you’re playing on), than if an older player slips up and breaks a rule by accident even if it was the same rule broken.
Be Courteous and Respectful
This basically boils down to:
- No deliberately malicious comments.
- No bullying.
- No racism, homophobia, sexism or any other kind of prejudice.
- No harassment of any kind.
- No threats or unfair treatment of any kind.
- Anything else similar to the above.
We also encourage users to try and be helpful, friendly and sociable - particularly to players new to our server - though these qualities are not enforced.
Keep the Chat Clean
- You may swear on the server in general conversation, but swearing maliciously at another player is prohibited. Being overly crude in general, swearing or otherwise, is also prohibited.
- Excessive swearing is also not allowed - it is annoying and offputting to new players. Don’t go overboard.
- Spamming is not allowed.
- NO ALL CAPS SENTENCES. The occasional all-caps OMG etc… is fine, but not all the time.
- No advertising of other servers or products.
- No offensive usernames/nicknames.
- No presenting your opinions as facts/better than another player’s opinion - respect that some people believe different things, and it is okay for them to do so.
- Please avoid topics in the server chat that are very likely to cause arguments and if they seem to be starting one, or annoying other players, drop the conversation. Obvious touchy topics being religious beliefs and politics, and the things touched on in Rule #1 but anything that causes arguments etc… should be dropped, not continued.
Harassment is Not Allowed.
Harassment can be defined as sexually, emotionally, physically, or verbally abusing another player.
This can be anywhere from insulting a player, abusing PVP, or making strange sexual remarks towards the player. Please also be aware that just because you might find something acceptable to do/say in your own circle of friends in real life does not mean that it is acceptable when speaking to people online who do not know you or what you are or are not being serious about.
PvP and Harassment
There is a fine line between PVP and harassment. For example these would definitely fall under harrassment and are not allowed:
- Camping outside a players home to attack them.
- Setting a home teleport in or near their house etc.. to get back to attack them whenever you want to.
- Provoking someone to attack you, for example continuously spamming the player to annoy them into fighting you.
- If a player asks you to leave - leave. If they don’t want to participate in PVP and you refuse to leave then it is harrassment.
In general, as stated at the top of the page, just use some common sense. PVP is allowed but don’t take the piss/cause problems with it.
Griefing is Not Allowed
“Don’t grief” basically means “don’t touch what isn’t yours”. In most cases sticking by this will avoid you being banned for griefing - if it’s not naturally generated or your own stuff, leave it alone..
There are a few exceptions to this:
- If you built the build in question with another player, then either of you may break it (not just the specific blocks you placed). This is not griefing.
- If you break a block by accident, such as quick-to-break blocks like glass or if you had an ability active such as superbreaker and hit a stone block by accident etc…, and either replace it quickly or inform a staff member who is online (or open a /ticket about it) so they can replace it then it is not grief.
HOWEVER - If you break a block and do not replace it/report it immediately, and it is reported by another player or staff find it hours later, then it will be treated as a grief regardless of how it happened. If you break blocks in order to specifically get into someones house/build etc.. and it is found then that IS grief, whether it was replaced or not. We can generally figure out if this was the case by the number of blocks broken and whether anything else happened inside the area.
If you place a block in someone elses build area that is as much griefing as it is to break things. Unless you have been given permission to place in/edit the area by the player who lives there do not place or break anything.
If you get into an area someone else has built, either because it’s not entirely walled off or the doors/gates are not locked, and fall down into an area you cannot jump up out of, then the smart thing to do would be to use a
/t spawn, go to
/tpa to someone instead.
Placing a block to get out and then leaving it there is placement grief, as there is zero need to do it when you can teleport out.
Note that none of this applies to the Resource world, Nether or the End - All of these worlds are free for all. Do not build/live in them (aside from them being griefable they will also be reset regularly).
Raiding IS allowed with some restrictions.
Fair Raiding, which is allowed, includes:
- Taking items from an unlocked container in unclaimed land. Any chests, item frames, furnaces etc… on town land are off limits whether they are locked or not (if you’re not from that town and have access due to the plots flag settings) but an unlocked container in the wilderness is free for all - keep your stuff locked!
- Taking crops/killing animals that have not been walled/fenced off correctly and you can access without griefing in any way. This means if you make an animal pen or farm, make sure you lock the gate/door that you place! They do not lock automatically, and if you do not lock it then a player is permitted to wander in and take your crops/kill your animals.
All crops are raidable if they are not protected correctly/are accessible without breaking rules, but only the crop. For example:
- Not pumpkins or melon blocks that are part of a build, but any on a farm on the stem are okay.
- Not any cactus blocks that are part of a build, including being used as a perimeter etc…
- Not the jungle logs the cocoa beans are growing on.
- Not trees someone has manually created from logs/leaves, or has built off of - such as added a swing.
- Not the end stone any chorus plants are growing on.
Unfair Raiding is defined as taking crops or killing animals in an enclosed area, or taking from a town chest in a town you do not belong to. If you come across a fenced off farm or animal pen you may NOT:
- Break blocks to gain access to the area that has been fenced/walled off.
- Place blocks to gain access to the area that has been fenced/walled off.
- Jump off nearby hills/walls etc… to gain access to the area that has been fenced/walled off.
- Place pressure plates, buttons, levers or any redstone to gain access.
- Shoot animals with a bow over the walled/fenced off area unless you could walk into the area without breaking another rule/guideline.
- Throw enderpearls or eat chorus fruit in order to teleport into the walled/fenced off area.
- Place water/lava etc… to kill animals/mobs in a walled/fenced off area.
- Use safari nets to catch mobs from a walled/fenced off area.
Keep the Environment Nice
- Lava/water pillars, 1x1 holes or towers, or any other structure in the Survival world that serves no purpose and ruins the landscape are susceptible to removal.
- When getting logs, try to cut down the whole tree. No floating logs and leaves please.
- Do not dig up entire areas, such as deserts, in Survival - do this in the Resource world (/resources).
- Don’t build things near the spawn or other server locations that could be seen as inappropriate or ugly.
- Do not build right next to somebody else - if they were there first they have every right to ask you to move away.
If you come across an area near you that you did not notice that has been built in but only a small amount, and the players that built it have been offline for 45+ days then you can request their stuff be moved to the staff world by opening a
/ticket next to it.
If the player has been on more recently than 45 days, and/or it’s a large build that may be shared between players, it is not permitted to be touched/moved in any way except by the people who own it.
Super Farming is Not Allowed
This is a very grey area, but generally having resource gathering mechanisms is allowed so long as:
- They don’t cause any problems with the server economy.
- They don’t allow you to gain particularly rapid amounts of XP, mcMMO XP or jobs money/xp.
- They don’t allow you to gather rare loot rapidly.
- They don’t cause lag of any kind.
As a generalistaion of what mob farms are allowed:
- Dark room mob farms are fine as long as they aren’t too huge because they’re not the most efficient thing in the world even with the mobs spawned in them giving jobs xp/money, mcmmo xp and MD drops. However - there are stipulations, see section below on what is not allowed.
- Mob grinders/farms using spawners are generally fine as long as they don’t have stupid amounts of spawners in the one grinder (ie 10+ is too much/efficent). This is generally fine because mobs from spawners should not give job money/xp, mcmmo xp or MD loot.
As a generalisation of what mob farms are not allowed:
- Endermen farms in the end.
- Natural super mob farms such as guardian farms or nether portal farms.
- Dark room spawners below Y level 20 are not allowed as the spawn rates towards bedrock level are considerably higher, which makes the dark room way too efficient even without being too huge. This may also apply to above a certain Y level, but that’s a bit more vague - in general if your dark room spawner is able to spawn a stupid amount of mobs very quickly - it is not allowed.
These are mostly due to them being way too efficient at gaining jobs xp/money, mcmmo xp and MD loot - if you can spend an hour at them and gain more than a player without access to the farm can get in even a week, it’s not acceptable or fair (this does not mean giving public access makes it fair - nobody should be able to gain that much that quick).
As with all server rules - just because it is not explicitly stated here does not mean it is/isn’t okay. Use some common sense when comparing to the rules that are listed and/or ask the staff to be sure!
Tree farms are also limited. It is not permitted to have a large area of trees (especially giant trees such as the 2x2 Spruce/Jungle trees) for use with the tree feller ability due to the extreme server TPS drops the ability causes when the server is trying to process a lot of block changes/item drops at once. Tree farms for manually cutting the trees down - not using tree feller - are fine, as long as they are not above a large hopper setup for transferring the items as hoppers are also a common cause of lag when used in excess.
These limitations are - in part - in place because some jobs are grindable while others are not. For example, (if they were allowed) if you made a guardian farm you would easily get money as a WitchHunter, but there is no equivalent for a Miner. The same would apply to Mythic Drops loot - natural mob spawns drop MD loot, so these kinds of farms allow for rapid gathering of better tier equipment which adds to why this is not allowed.
It should also be noted that any mechanism that you use while AFK are prohibited from the server, such as slides that push you around with water to bump your acrobatics, AFK fish farming or any other bug/glitch/unintentional feature (whether it is caused by Minecraft itself or a plugin we have added). This includes going AFK near spawners or dark rooms to build up an excessive amount of mobs at once.
Client Mod Limitations
With some exceptions. We particularly discourage the use of modifications that allow or cause:
- X-Ray Vision (this includes texture packs and glitches/bugs)
- Fullbright/Gammabright (this includes changing your launchers brightness to see in the dark - use torches or the flashlight level perk)
- Chat Spam
- Speed Hacks
- Mob or Player Detection (such as radars on minimaps)
- Automatic Weapon Equipping
- NBTEdit or other mods that allow you to spawn custom items in in Creative.
Note that this is NOT a complete list - just because something is not listed does not mean it is allowed - check with the staff first.
This is a list of some allowed modifications:
- Minimap mods without any radar abilities enabled
- Armor Status HUD
- Inventory Tweaks
- Schematica (The print function for Schematica is NOT ALLOWED outside of Creative)
- NEI/TMI (Not for spawning custom items in in Creative)
- HD Texture Pack Support
- Custom Skies
- Connected Textures
- Better Grass
If a mod is not on this list, ask an admin/owner first to make sure it is allowed.
This rule also applies to doing ANYTHING with the intention of crashing the server, or another players client, or causing damage to the server itself. We have protections in place to stop the majority of this but if we find what we know to be an item made for this purpose you will be banned - whether it worked or not - and will not have an appeal posted.
No Alt Accounts
There is seriously no need/reason/point to having an alt account unless you use one for development purposes. Which you will never need on another persons server - so no.
This extends to the use of Bots - regardless of what they are for/do, they are not a server feature and are not welcome on the server.
No Pointless Bugging of the Staff
Don’t bother asking for OP, rank ups, or any special treatment - it only reduces your chances of getting them in the future.
No PMC reviewers, we know they aren’t real and even on the slightest chance you are telling the truth, you will still NOT get any special treatment. The same applies to people requesting fly for making videos etc…
If you say our name and we don’t reply, that means we are busy. If it is a staff matter use
/report [message], if it is a personal matter use
/mail send [playername] [message] or message us on the forums/discord and we will get to you when we are available.
Just because it is not on this list does not mean the staff can’t warn you for it, there will be times where a rule isn’t posted on here, you do whatever isnt posted and the staff team deems it inappropriate, for this you will receive a warning. Should you continue this act you will be banned from the server.
By all means if you are warned for something that is not posted in the rule book and you find it ridiculous, you may speak to an Owner/Admin.
Unnecessary arguing with staff members is prohibited.
Don’t get us wrong you can hate/dislike a staff member, but once they have made a decision you must either respect that decision or go to an Owner/Admin about the staff member in question. At the end of the day the staff are not there to be liked, they are there to uphold the server rules and keep the server a fun and fair place for all players to enjoy themselves.
Report All Bugs
If you come across something broken/not working as expected and it can be used to gain an unfair advantage over other players - such as duplication bugs, invincibility glitches etc… - report it to the staff team by using the
/bug command ASAP so it can be fixed!
Once reported the bug/glitch should be avoided until it has been patched/fixed. Abuse of any bug/glitch will result in punishments. This is not limited to bugs/glitches/unintentional features we have added via plugins - Anything that is not intentional is NOT allowed, even if it is an issue in Minecraft itself (such as AFK fish farms, or enderpearl glitching through doors etc…).
General Punishment Guidelines
These are only a rough idea of expected punishments for rule breaking - ultimately it is situational and down to the staff that deals with the issue.
It should also be noted that breaking one rule and getting a minor punishment such as a warning/mute etc.. counts against you for all future punishment considerations. If you continue to toe the line for harrassment for example you will then be more likely to be straight up banned rather than warned for a minor offense later on.
Rule 1/1a: Being Courteous and Respectful/Keeping the Chat Clean:
- This will generally result in warnings or mutes depending on the situation. If the same player continues to cause issues after being warned/muted they will be given a tempban, or a permament ban (with a forum appeal posted).
- New players (trolls..) breaking this rule straight off the bat and over and over again will be warned and banned straight away if they continue, they will not be muted or tempbanned (with a forum appeal posted).
Rule 2/2a: Harrassment/PvP Harrassment:
- Minor instances of harrassment will result in a warning and/or kicks/mutes depending on the situation. If the player persists then it will result in a tempban or a permanent ban (with appeal).
- Major instances would depend heavily on the situation but very likely a tempban or permanent ban (with or without appeal depending on the situation).
Rule 3/3a/3b: Grief and Unfair Riaiding:
- Minor instances, such as breaking a few blocks by accident and not fixing/reporting it correctly or placement grief to get of an area the first time rather than teleporting, will result in warnings not to do so again. Continued instances will result in temp or permanent bans (with appeal).
- Major instances, such as demolishing part of someones build, will result in a permanent ban (with appeal).
Unfair raiding would depend on the situation. Shooting someones chickens over a fenced off area with no walking access would essentially be a minor grief, whereas breaking into a walled off farm and destroying the whole lot would be a major grief.
Rule 4: Keeping the Environment Nice:
- This is mostly a minor offense, so it will start with warnings but if you persist in digging up Survival when you’ve been told not to already it will result in tempbans or permanent bans (with appeal).
Rule 5: Super Farming:
- You will be warned and told to remove/disable the superfarm immediately along with any public access to it. If this is not done, you wilol be tempbanned and the server staff will remove the superfarm themselves.
- Continued use of superfarms after this point will result in a permanent ban (with appeal).
Rule 6: Client Mods:
- If you are seen using, or are suspected to be using, a client mod that we do not allow you will be warned and asked to remove/disable it.
- If you are then seen to still be using client mods you’ve been asked to remove/disable this will result in a permanent ban (with/without appeal depending on the situation).
- X-Rayers will be banned with no appeal, no exception.
Rule 7: No Alts:
- If an account is confirmed to be an alt it will be banned with no appeal.
Rule 8: Bugging The Staff:
- This will only ever result in warnings or mutes, unless you become particularly annoying and won’t stop when asked to, in which case it will result in a tempban.
Rule 9: Report all Bugs:
- If you are found to have been abusing a bug/glitch for unfair gain that you did not report you will be tempbanned or banned (with appeal) depending on the situation.
- Anything gained through bug/glitch abuse will be removed (player levels, XP, job XP/levels, mcMMO levels, items etc…).
Instances that will always result in a permanent ban without appeal:
- X-Raying and Alt Accounts as stated above.
- Spawning in dodgy items in Creative or building anything with the intent to cause lag or server crashes.
- Trolls - ie players who log in only to break rules, advertise etc…, spam bots, idiots who think “I’m from PMC” will ever work etc…
The Staff Policy on Other Forms of Media
The moderation team will not act on any forms of hate/problems outside of LC related media. If the issue in question happened anywhere outside of the server, discord or forums, it is not our responsibility and please do not bring it over to LC!