General Clarifications To Keep In Mind
Just because you can do something in Vanilla Minecraft/singleplayer does not mean it is okay on the server. Mega farms may be something you can make in singleplayer/Vanilla for example, but this is a multiplayer server where a lot of people will have their games ruined if everybody has stupid amounts of money/skills/items and the economy is ruined.
As a general rule of thumb, ontop of the below rules, use some common sense. Just because something is not explicitly stated on here does not mean it is okay - if it may possibly fit into one of our rules then it is likely not okay. If you’re not sure about something then check with staff first.
And while there is a list of the general guidelines for the punishments we will give for rule breaking - this is ultimately down to staff discretion at the time. For example they are way more likely to give harsher punishments for someone who comes on and starts breaking rules immediately (whether they’ve read the rules or not, as you have no excuse not to know the rules of the server you’re playing on), than if an older player slips up and breaks a rule by accident even if it was the same rule broken.
- Unenforced Rules and Suggestions - Please make sure to read these as well.
- Rule 1: Be Respectful
- Rule 2: No Harassment
- Rule 3: Keep the Environment Nice
- Rule 4: Auto Farming
- Rule 5: Mob Farms or Grinders
- Rule 6: Client Mods)
- Rule 7: No Alt Accounts
- Rule 8: No Bug or Exploit Abuse
- Rule 9: No Staff Bugging
- Staff Warnings
- General Punishment Guidelines
- The Staff Policy on Other Forms of Media
Unenforced Rules and Suggestions:
Griefing is allowed. However - it is asked that you do not go pointlessly overboard with it.
For example if you see someones house in the wilderness in an area not claimed by a Town - and therefore can be griefed - don’t demolish the entire structure and take everything they owned. If you want to break in and see if any chests are unlocked and lootable carry on but you don’t need to destroy everything - when that player comes back they should be able to rebuild without having to do so entirely from scratch.
Though in general this is not an enforced rule, just what we would ask of our players. If you’re playing on a Survival/Semi-Survival server you should expect this and protect your things as well as possible (ie make sure rare stuff is in locked chests and don’t stay offline too long that the locks lift, or hide your property well - or join a town so you’re protected!).
Note that if you yourself have been griefed you can ask the staff who did it - however, we will not roll it back. This may be useful for knowing if someone in your town is damaging peoples things so you can give them the boot.
Raiding is allowed
However, as with the above suggestion for griefing, it is asked that you don’t go overboard with it.
For example if you break into someones farm, maybe don’t take every single crop so that they have something to replant from (or don’t break the pumpkin/melon stems etc…). The same applies for animals - maybe leave them a couple of them so they can breed them to get their farm back in working order.
Again - this is only what we ask of our players to keep the game enjoyable for those being griefed/raidied - It’s not fun to come back to all of your stuff being destroyed (this is not a Factions server). This is not enforced however as this is a major aspect of Vanilla gameplay.
This basically boils down to:
- No deliberately malicious comments.
- No bullying.
- No racism, homophobia, sexism or any other kind of prejudice.
- No harassment of any kind.
- No threats or unfair treatment of any kind.
- Anything else similar to the above.
We also encourage users to try and be helpful, friendly and sociable - particularly to players new to our server - though these qualities are not enforced.
- You may swear on the server in general conversation, but swearing maliciously at another player is prohibited. Being overly crude in general, swearing or otherwise, is also prohibited in global channels.
- Excessive swearing is also not allowed - it is annoying and offputting to new players. Don’t go overboard.
- Spamming is not allowed.
- NO ALL CAPS SENTENCES. The occasional all-caps OMG etc… is fine, but not all the time.
- No advertising of other servers or products.
- No offensive usernames/nicknames (while not a chat thing this also applies to skins).
- No presenting/arguing your opinions as facts/better than another player’s opinion - respect that some people believe different things, and it is okay for them to do so.
- Please avoid topics in the server chat that are very likely to cause arguments and if they seem to be starting one, or annoying other players, drop the conversation.
Harassment can be defined as sexually, emotionally, physically, or verbally abusing another player.
This can be anywhere from insulting a player, abusing PVP, or making strange sexual remarks towards the player. Please also be aware that just because you might find something acceptable to do/say in your own circle of friends in real life does not mean that it is acceptable when speaking to people online who do not know you or what you are or are not being serious about.
PvP and Harassment
There is a fine line between PVP and harassment that is easy to cross if you get carried away. For example these would definitely fall under harrassment and are not allowed:
- Camping outside a players home to attack them.
- Setting a home teleport in or near their house etc.. to get back to attack them whenever you want to (in general do not set a home anywhere near anybody elses stuff without their permission).
- Provoking someone to attack you, for example continuously spamming the player to annoy them into fighting you.
- If a player asks you to leave - leave. If they don’t want to participate in PVP and you refuse to leave then it crosses into harrassment territory.
In general, as stated at the top of the page, just use some common sense. PVP is allowed but don’t go overboard and cause problems with it. It is also asked not to annoy new players by hunting them down - there’s no benefit to it anyway (they won’t have decent loot yet, and they don’t drop their head in PvP deaths until level 10).
Keep the Environment Nice
- Lava/water pillars, 1x1 holes or towers, or any other structure in the Survival world that serves no purpose and ruins the landscape are susceptible to removal if spotted/reported.
- When getting logs, try to cut down the whole tree. No floating logs and leaves please.
- Do not dig up entire areas, such as deserts, in Survival.
- Don’t build things near the spawn or other server locations that could be seen as inappropriate or ugly.
- Do not build right next to somebody else - if they were there first they have every right to ask you to move away.
In general keep as much of your resource gathering in the Resource world,
/resources, (and it’s Nether and End dimensions) not the Survival world (and it’s Nether dimension).
Only dig large areas out in the Survival world if you plan on building in that area specifically - resource gathering and job grinding should be kept to the Resource world.
This is a very grey area, but generally having automatic resource gathering mechanisms is allowed so long as:
- They don’t cause any problems with the server economy.
- They don’t cause lag of any kind.
- They don’t allow you to gather crops/loot etc.. too rapidly.
- They don’t allow you to gain particularly rapid amounts of XP, McRPG XP or jobs money/xp. (shouldn’t be possible as you should only get these when actively doing things yourself but just to clarify)
Tree farms are also limited. In general they are fine as long as they are not above a large hopper setup for transferring the items as hoppers are also a common cause of lag when used in excess.
It should also be noted that any mechanism that you use while AFK are prohibited from the server, such as slides that push you around with water to bump your acrobatics, AFK fish farming or any other bug/glitch/unintentional feature (whether it is caused by Minecraft itself or a plugin we have added). This includes going AFK near automated farms to keep them active in loaded chunks while you’re not actually playing on the server.
As with all server rules - just because it is not explicitly stated here does not mean it is/isn’t okay. Use some common sense when comparing to the rules that are listed and/or ask the staff to be sure!
Mob Farms or Grinders
In general only the following are allowed:
Dark room mob farms/grinders are allowed, as long as they aren’t too huge (ie multiple chunks wide, many floors high etc..), because they’re not the most efficient thing in the world even with the mobs spawning in them giving jobs xp/money, mcrpg xp and MD drops. These kinds of farms/grinders are also not permitted to be below Y level 20, as the spawn rates increase considerably towards bedrock. In general if your dark room spawner is able to spawn a stupid amount of mobs very quickly - it is not allowed.
Villager breeding farms are allowed, but they need to be kept reasonably small, and make sure that every villager is capable of moving around and finding their relevant job block to avoid them causing lag due to AI issues.
Small grinders around spawner blocks are allowed, but you are not permitted to AFK next to them to cause an excessive build up of mobs at the end. The end of the grinder where the mobs can be attacked (if it’s not an auto-farm for drops rather than mcrpg xp, job money, md loot etc… which requires you to kill the mobs yourself) should also be wider than 2x2 blocks - give them a bit of space to move, as cramming entities causes AI issues and from that, potential lag.
An idea of what kinds of mob farms are not allowed:
- Iron farms.
- Endermen farms in the end.
- Natural super mob farms such as guardian farms or nether portal farms.
- Spamming an area in either Nether world with slabs to force spawning of rarer mobs (ie Blazes, Magma Cubes and Wither Skeletons) into a specific area.
These are mostly due to them being way too efficient at gaining jobs xp/money, mcrpg xp and MD loot - if you can spend an hour at them and gain more than a player without access to the farm can get in even a week, it’s not acceptable or fair (this does not mean giving public access makes it fair - nobody should be able to gain that much that quick). As with the auto-farms above, it should also be noted that any mechanism that you use while AFK are prohibited from the server, such as slides that push you around with water to bump your acrobatics, AFK fish farming or any other bug/glitch/unintentional feature (whether it is caused by Minecraft itself or a plugin we have added). This includes going AFK near spawners or dark rooms to build up an excessive amount of mobs at once.
As always, use some common sense. Just because something is doable in Vanilla does not make it okay in a multiplayer/server scenario - if you can get a lot from doing literally nothing once it’s set up - it’s likely not okay. Check with staff first.
Any form of client mod (or “hack”) that allows any form of unfair advantage over other players is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- X-Ray of any kind.
- Fullbright/Gammabright (this includes changing your launchers brightness to see in the dark - use torches or the flashlight level perk)
- Dynamic Lighting (as above)
- Chat Spam
- Speed Hacks
- Mob or Player Detection (such as radars on minimaps)
- Automatic Weapon Equipping
- NBTEdit or other mods that allow you to spawn custom items in in Creative.
Note that this is NOT a complete list - just because something is not listed does not mean it is allowed - check with the staff first.
An idea of some client mods that are allowed:
- Minimap mods without any radar abilities enabled
- Armor Status HUD
- Inventory Tweaks
- Schematica (The print function for Schematica is NOT ALLOWED outside of Creative)
- NEI/TMI (Not for spawning custom items in in Creative)
- HD Texture Pack Support
- Custom Skies
- Connected Textures
- Better Grass
If a mod is not on this list that you wish to use and believe may be okay, ask an admin/owner first to make sure it is allowed.
This rule also applies to doing ANYTHING with the intention of crashing the server, or another players client, or causing damage to the server itself. We have protections in place to stop the majority of this but if we find what we know to be an item made for this purpose you will be banned - whether it worked or not - and will not have an appeal posted.
No Alt Accounts
There is seriously no need/reason/point to having an alt account unless you use one for development purposes. Which you will never need on another persons server - so no.
This extends to the use of Bots - regardless of what they are for/do, they are not a server feature and are not welcome on the server.
No Bug or Exploit Abuse
If you come across something broken/not working as expected and it can be used to gain an unfair advantage over other players - such as duplication bugs, invincibility glitches etc… - report it to the staff team by using the
/bug command ASAP so it can be fixed!
Once reported the bug/glitch should be avoided until it has been patched/fixed. Abuse of any bug/glitch will result in punishments. If something you “can do in Vanilla” allows for you to gain an excessive amount of items faster than you should be able to, or access to an area you shouldn’t have access to etc… it is an exploit. Whether it’s doable in Vanilla does not change this - abuse the exploits and you will be punished for doing so.
No Staff Bugging
Don’t bother asking for OP, rank ups, or any special treatment - it only reduces your chances of getting them in the future.
No PMC reviewers, we know they aren’t real and even on the slightest chance you are telling the truth, you will still NOT get any special treatment. The same applies to people requesting fly for making videos etc…
If you say our name and we don’t reply, that means we are busy. If it is a staff matter use
/report [message], if it is a personal matter use
/mail send [playername] [message] or message us on the forums/discord and we will get to you when we are available.
Just because it is not on this list does not mean the staff can’t warn you for it, there will be times where a rule isn’t posted on here, you do whatever isnt posted and the staff team deems it inappropriate, for this you will receive a warning. Should you continue this act you will be punished further whether that be kicks, mutes or a ban.
By all means if you are warned for something that is not posted in the rule book and you find it ridiculous, you may speak to an Owner/Admin.
Unnecessary arguing with staff members is prohibited.
Don’t get us wrong you can hate/dislike a staff member if you want to, but once they have made a decision you must either respect that decision or go to an Owner/Admin about the staff member in question. At the end of the day the staff are not there to be liked, they are there to uphold the server rules and keep the server a fun and fair place for all players to enjoy themselves.
General Punishment Guidelines
These are only a rough idea of expected punishments for rule breaking - ultimately it is situational and down to the staff that deals with the issue.
It should also be noted that breaking one rule and getting a minor punishment such as a warning/mute etc.. will count against you when future punishments are considered/given out. If you continue to toe the line for harrassment for example you will then be more likely to be straight up banned rather than warned for a minor offense later on.
Rule 1/1a: Being Respectful/Chat Rules:
- This will generally result in warnings or mutes depending on the situation. If the same player continues to cause issues after being warned/muted they will be given a tempban, or a permament ban (with a forum appeal posted).
- New players (trolls..) breaking this rule straight off the bat and over and over again will be warned and banned straight away if they continue, they will not be muted or tempbanned (with a forum appeal posted).
Rule 2/2a: Harrassment/PvP Harrassment:
- Minor instances of harrassment will result in a warning and/or kicks/mutes depending on the situation. If the player persists then it will result in a tempban or a permanent ban (with appeal).
- Major instances would depend heavily on the situation but very likely a tempban or permanent ban (with or without appeal depending on the situation).
Unfair raiding would depend on the situation. Shooting someones chickens over a fenced off area with no walking access would essentially be a minor grief, whereas breaking into a walled off farm and destroying the whole lot would be a major grief.
Rule 3: Keeping the Environment Nice:
- This is mostly a minor offense, so it will start with warnings but if you persist in digging up Survival when you’ve been told not to already it will result in tempbans or permanent bans (with appeal).
Rule 4: Auto-Farming:
- You will be warned and told to remove/disable the farm if it is deemed to be breaking the rules, along with any public access to it. If this is not done, you wilol be tempbanned and the server staff will remove the farm themselves (blocks from it will be lost in this case).
- Continued use of rule breaking farms after this point will result in a permanent ban (with appeal).
Rule 5: Mob-Farming/Grinding:
- As above you will be warned and told to remove/disable the farm/grinder immediately along with any public access to it. If this is not done, you wilol be tempbanned and the server staff will remove the farm/grinder themselves (again, blocks will be lost).
- Continued use of rule breaking farms/grinders after this point will result in a permanent ban (with appeal).
Rule 6: Client Mods:
- If you are seen using, or are suspected to be using, a client mod that we do not allow you will be warned and asked to remove/disable it.
- If you are then seen to still be using client mods you’ve been asked to remove/disable this will result in a permanent ban (with/without appeal depending on the situation).
- X-Rayers will be banned with no appeal, no exception.
Rule 7: No Alts:
- If an account is confirmed to be an alt it will be banned with no appeal.
Rule 8: Bug/Exploit Abuse:
- If you are found to have been abusing a bug/glitch for unfair gain that you did not report you will be tempbanned or banned (with appeal) depending on the situation.
- Anything gained through bug/glitch abuse will be removed (player levels, XP, job XP/levels, McRPG levels, items etc…).
Rule 9: Bugging The Staff:
- This will only ever result in warnings or mutes, unless you become particularly annoying and won’t stop when asked to, in which case it will result in a tempban.
Instances that will always result in a permanent ban without appeal:
- X-Raying and Alt Accounts as stated above.
- Spawning in dodgy items in Creative or building anything with the intent to cause lag or server crashes.
- Trolls - ie players who log in only to break rules, advertise etc…, spam bots, idiots who think “I’m from PMC” will ever work etc…
The Staff Policy on Other Forms of Media
The moderation team will not act on any forms of hate/problems outside of LC related media. If the issue in question happened anywhere outside of the server, discord or forums, it is not our responsibility and please do not bring it over to LC!