- Rule 1: Be Courteous and Respectful
- Rule 2: Harassment is Not Allowed
- Rule 2a: PvP and Harassment
- Rule 3: Griefing is Not Allowed
- Rule 3a: Placement Grief
- Rule 3b: Raiding
- Rule 4: Keep the Environment Nice
- Rule 5: Super Farming is Not Allowed
- Rule 6: No Client Mods (with exceptions)
- Rule 7: No Alt Accounts
- Rule 8: No Pointless Bugging of the Staff
- Rule 9: Keep the Chat Clean
- Rule 10: Report All Bugs
- The Staff Policy on Other Forms of Media
- General Clarification on All Rules
Be Courteous and Respectful
We expect polite behaviour on the server. This means no foul language, no deliberately malicious comments, no bullying of any kind, no racism or prejudice, no sexual harassment, no spawn camping, no threats and no unfair treatment of any kind.
If any user is found to be using any LegionCraft services to upset others, they will be permanently banned from using them.
We also encourage users to try and be helpful, friendly and sociable, though these qualities are not enforced.
Harassment is Not Allowed.
Harassment is defined as sexually, emotionally, physically, or verbally abusing another player.
This can be anywhere from insulting a player, abusing PVP, or making strange sexual remarks towards the player.
PvP and Harassment
There is a fine line between PVP and harassment:
- Camping outside a players home is considered harassment, as is setting a home teleport in or near their house etc..
- Repeated attempts to pressure players into engaging in PvP is considered harassment.
- You have the right to engage someone in PvP, but once a player is killed or if they tell you they do not wish to participate you should avoid continuing the engagement.
- If a player attacks you first, you have the right to defend yourself using any means so long as they do not break other rules.
- Provoking someone to attack you can be considered harassment, EG continuously spamming the player to annoy them into fighting you.
- Unless a new player (i.e. someone who has not been on the server for more than two real-life days - this is not their total login time, just the time since their first join) attacks you first, you should not attack them without their consent.
- Stealing any items through techniques such as disarm or glitching the kill-protection is NOT allowed and all items obtained this way should be returned. Disarm should be disabled by default, but if it happens - return the item.
- If a player promises you a reward for killing them and then fails to deliver, contact a staff member and we will be happy to resolve the situation. Make sure the player confirms this WITHIN the server chat, discord or the forums (i.e. not on skype, or teamspeak) before engaging in combat.
- Using tricks like enderpearling to gain access to a players home with the intent of PvPing is strictly prohibited.
- If you are asked to leave - Leave.
Griefing is Not Allowed
Grief is loosely defined as “don’t touch what isn’t yours” - In most cases sticking by this will avoid you being banned for griefing.
If you break ANYTHING that was not placed by you or spawned naturally, you will be banned. It does not matter whether it is a whole building or one single block - do not break what is not yours and not naturally spawned.
There are a few exceptions to this:
- If you built the build in question with another player, then either of you may break it (not just the specific blocks you placed). This is not griefing.
- If you break a block by accident, such as quick-to-break blocks like glass or if you had an ability active such as superbreaker and hit a stone block by accident etc…, and either replace it quickly or inform a staff member who is online (or open a /ticket about it) so they can replace it then it is not grief.
HOWEVER - If you break a block and do not replace it/report it immediately, and it is reported by another player or staff find it hours later, then it will be treated as a grief regardless of how it happened. If you break blocks in order to get into someones house/build etc.. and it is found then that IS grief, whether it was replaced or not. We can generally figure out if this was the case by the number of blocks broken and whether anything else happened inside the area.
If you place a block in someone elses build area that is as much griefing as it is to break things. Unless you have been given permission to place in/edit the area by the player who lives there do not place or break anything.
If you get into an area someone else has built, either because it’s not entirely walled off or the doors/gates are not locked, and fall down into an area you cannot jump up out of, then the smart thing to do would be to use a
/t spawn, go to
/tpa to someone instead.
Placing a block to get out and then leaving it there is placement grief, as there is zero need to do it when you can teleport out.
Note that none of this applies to the Resource world, Nether or the End - All of these worlds are free for all. Do not build/live in them (aside from them being griefable they will also be reset regularly).
Raiding IS allowed with some limitations
Fair Raiding is defined as taking crops or killing animals that have not been walled/fenced off correctly and you can access without griefing in any way. This means if you make an animal pen, make sure you lock the gate/door that you place! They do not lock automatically, and if you do not lock it then a player is permitted to wander in and kill the animals. All crops are raidable if they are not protected correctly - this includes:
- Natural Melons and Pumpkins - stems included (not pumpkins or melon blocks that are part of a build)
- Cactus (Not including any that are part of a build, including being used as a perimeter etc…)
- Cocoa Beans (not the jungle logs they are placed on)
- Sapling-Spawned Trees (so not trees someone has manually created from logs/leaves, or has built off of - such as added a swing)
- Sugar Cane
- Chorus Plants (not the end stone it grows on)
This also includes ANY animals/mobs that have been penned in, but are accessible due to a gap in the wall/fence or unlocked doors/gates.
Unfair Raiding is defined as taking crops or killing animals in an enclosed area, or taking from a chest you do not own/have not been given access to. If you come across a fenced off farm you may NOT:
- Break blocks to gain access to the area that has been fenced/walled off.
- Place blocks to gain access to the area that has been fenced/walled off.
- Jump off nearby hills/walls etc… to gain access to the area that has been fenced/walled off.
- Place pressure plates, buttons, levers or any redstone to gain access.
- Shoot animals with a bow over the walled/fenced off area unless you could walk into the area without breaking another rule/guideline.
- Throw enderpearls or eat chorus fruit in order to teleport into the walled/fenced off area.
- Place water/lava etc… to kill animals/mobs in a walled/fenced off area.
- Use safari nets to catch mobs from a walled/fenced off area.
If you come across a chest that is not naturally spawned - ie inside a temple, village, shipwreck, mineshaft etc… - and you have not been given explicit permission from the chest owner to use it DO NOT TOUCH IT, regardless of whether it is locked or not.
Dumping your junk in someone elses chests that you do not have permission to use will also be treated as the same offense - Use
/bin, donate them at spawn or throw the items away normally.
Keep the Environment Nice
- Lava/water pillars, 1x1 holes or towers, or any other structure that serves no purpose and ruins the landscape are susceptible to removal.
- When getting logs, try to cut down the whole tree. No floating logs and leaves please.
- Do not dig up entire areas, such as deserts, in Survival - do this in the Resource world (/resources).
- Don’t build things near the spawn or other server locations that could be seen as inappropriate or ugly.
Super Farming is Not Allowed
This is a very grey area, but generally having resource gathering mechanisms is allowed so long as they don’t cause any problems with the server economy, allow you to gain particularly rapid amounts of XP, mcMMO XP, jobs money/xp, rare loot or cause lag of any kind.
As a generalistaion of what mob farms are allowed:
- Dark room mob farms are fine as long as they aren’t too huge because they’re not the most efficient thing in the world even with the mobs spawned in them giving jobs xp/money, mcmmo xp and MD drops. However - there are stipulations, see section below on what is not allowed.
- Mob grinders/farms using spawners are generally fine as long as they don’t have stupid amounts of spawners in the one grinder (ie 10+ is too much/efficent). This is generally fine because mobs from spawners should not give job money/xp, mcmmo xp or MD loot.
As a generalisation of what mob farms are not allowed:
- Endermen farms in the end.
- Natural super mob farms such as guardian farms or nether portal farms.
- Dark room spawners below Y level 20 are not allowed as the spawn rates towards bedrock level are considerably higher, which makes the dark room way too efficient even without being too huge. This may also apply to above a certain Y level, but that’s a bit more vague - in general if your dark room spawner is able to spawn a stupid amount of mobs very quickly - it is not allowed.
These are mostly due to them being way too efficient at gaining jobs xp/money, mcmmo xp and MD loot - if you can spend an hour at them and gain more than a player without access to the farm can get in even a week, it’s not acceptable or fair (this does not mean giving public access makes it fair - nobody should be able to gain that much that quick).
As with all server rules - just because it is not explicitly stated here does not mean it is/isn’t okay. Use some common sense when comparing to the rules that are listed and/or ask the staff to be sure!
Tree farms are also limited. It is not permitted to have a large area of trees (especially giant trees such as the 2x2 Spruce/Jungle trees) for use with the tree feller ability due to the extreme server TPS drops the ability causes when the server is trying to process a lot of block changes/item drops at once. Tree farms for manually cutting the trees down - not using tree feller - are fine, as long as they are not above a large hopper setup for transferring the items as hoppers are also a common cause of lag when used in excess.
These limitations are - in part - in place because some jobs are grindable while others are not. For example, (if they were allowed) if you made a guardian farm you would easily get money as a WitchHunter, but there is no equivalent for a Miner. The same would apply to Mythic Drops loot - natural mob spawns drop MD loot, so these kinds of farms allow for rapid gathering of better tier equipment which adds to why this is not allowed.
It should also be noted that any mechanism that you use while AFK are prohibited from the server, such as slides that push you around with water to bump your acrobatics, AFK fish farming or any other bug/glitch/unintentional feature (whether it is caused by Minecraft itself or a plugin we have added). This includes going AFK near spawners or dark rooms to build up an excessive amount of mobs at once. This will result in warnings, and bans/tempbans if it continues.
No Client Mods
With some exceptions. We particularly discourage the use of modifications that allow or cause:
- X-Ray Vision (this includes texture packs and glitches/bugs)
- Fullbright/Gammabright (this includes changing your launchers brightness to see in the dark - use torches or the flashlight level perk)
- Chat Spam
- Speed Hacks
- Mob or Player Detection (such as radars on minimaps)
- Automatic Weapon Equipping
- NBTEdit or other mods that allow you to spawn custom items in in Creative.
Note that this is NOT a complete list - just because something is not listed does not mean it is allowed - check with the staff first.
This is a list of allowed modifications:
- Minimap mods without any radar abilities enabled
- Armor Status HUD
- Inventory Tweaks
- Schematica (The print function for Schematica is NOT ALLOWED outside of Creative)
- NEI/TMI (Not for spawning custom items in in Creative)
- HD Texture Pack Support
- Custom Skies
- Connected Textures
- Better Grass
If a mod is not on this list, ask an admin/owner first to make sure it is allowed.
Any modifications of the mods above will result in a ban if it gives you an unfair advantage over others (such as having a minimaps radar active if the mod allows it on the server).
This rule also applies to doing ANYTHING with the intention of crashing the server, or another players client, or causing damage to the server itself. We have protections in place to stop the majority of this but if we find what we know to be an item made for this purpose you will be banned - whether it worked or not - and will not have an appeal posted.
Rule 7: No Alt Accounts
Alt accounts used for AFK machines will be banned.
Alt accounts of banned players will be banned.
There is seriously no need/reason/point to having an alt account unless you use one for development purposes. Which you will never need on another persons server - so no.
This extends to the use of Bots - regardless of what they are for/do, they are not a server feature and are not welcome on the server.
Rule 8: No Pointless Bugging of the Staff
Don’t bother asking for OP, rank ups, or any special treatment - it only reduces your chances of getting them in the future.
No PMC reviewers, we know they aren’t real and even on the slightest chance you are telling the truth, you will still NOT get any special treatment. The same applies to people requesting fly for making videos etc…
If you say our name and we don’t reply, that means we are busy. If it is a staff matter use
/report [message], if it is a personal matter use
/mail send [playername] [message] or message us on the forums/discord and we will get to you when we are available.
Just because it is not on this list does not mean the staff can’t warn you for it, there will be times where a rule isn’t posted on here, you do whatever isnt posted and the staff team deems it inappropriate, for this you will receive a warning. Should you continue this act you will be banned from the server.
By all means if you are warned for something that is not posted in the rule book and you find it ridiculous, you may speak to an Owner/Admin.
Unnecessary arguing with staff members is prohibited.
Don’t get us wrong you can hate/dislike a staff member, but once they have made a decision you must either respect that decision or go to an Owner/Admin about the staff member in question. At the end of the day the staff are not there to be liked, they are there to uphold the server rules and keep the server a fun and fair place for all players to enjoy themselves.
Rule 9: Keep the chat clean
This ties into Rules 1 and 2.
- You may swear on the server in general conversation, but swearing maliciously at another player is prohibited. Being overly crude in general, swearing or otherwise, is also prohibited.
- Excessive swearing is also not allowed - it is annoying and offputting to new players. Don’t go overboard.
- Spamming is not allowed.
- NO ALL CAPS SENTENCES. The occasional all-caps OMG etc… is fine, but not all the time.
- No advertising of other servers or products.
- No offensive usernames/nicknames.
- No presenting your opinions as facts/better than another player’s opinion - respect that some people believe different things, and it is okay for them to do so.
- Please avoid topics in the server chat that are very likely to cause arguments and if they seem to be starting one, or annoying other players, drop the conversation. Obvious touchy topics being religious beliefs and politics, and the things touched on in Rule #1 but anything that causes arguments etc… should be dropped, not continued.
Rule 10: Report All Bugs
If you come across something broken/not working as expected and it can be used to gain an unfair advantage over other players - such as duplication bugs, invincibility glitches etc… - report it to the staff team by using the
Abusing any bugs can and will get you banned from the server, plus if you report a bug rather than abuse it you’ll get some serious reputation points in terms of the staff.
This is not limited to bugs/glitches/unintentional features we have added via plugins - Anything that is not intentional is NOT allowed, even if it is an issue in Minecraft itself (such as AFK fish farms, or enderpearl glitching through doors etc…).
The Staff Policy on Other Forms of Media
The moderation team will not act on any forms of hate/problems outside of LC related media. If the issue in question happened anywhere outside of the server, discord or forums, it is not our responsibility and please do not bring it over to LC!
Just because you can do something in Vanilla Minecraft/singleplayer does not mean it is okay on the server. Mega farms may be something you can make in singleplayer/Vanilla, but this is a multiplayer server where a lot of people will have their games ruined if everybody has stupid amounts of money/skills/items and the economy is ruined.
In general use some common sense. Just because something is not explicitly stated on here does not mean it is okay - if it may possibly fit into one of the above rules then it is likely not okay - check with staff first.